Wednesday, January 16, 2013

ME Upper body 16th January 2013

Floor Press
120kg * 1
125 * 1
130 * 1
135 * 1
140 * 1
 New PR on the floor press. Pretty happy with that.

Dips
60 * 5 for 3 sets
Wanted to do heavy DB extensions for tricep work, since the floor press was effectively a heavy pressing exercise for my tris, but my elbows felt funky, so switched to weighted dips instead. Even though this was strength work, my rest time was relatively short at only 1 min between sets. 3 plates felt relatively light, and I felt like I could go for more reps, but decided to leave some in the tank.
 
Overhead DB extension
20 * 10 for 2 sets

Seated Lateral raises (single arm)
10 * 20 for 3 sets
Did these slightly different from how I used to do them. Kept the constant tension on the delt by lowering the weight only halfway down to a 45 deg angle. These burnedddddd. I will continue doing lateral raises like this. Rest time in between was about a min. 
 
High face pulls
18 * 10 for 3 sets

Lat pulldown
75 * 12 for 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment