Monday, January 14, 2013

ME Lower body 14th January 2013

Good morning from pins
worked up to 205kg * 1
Actually woke up today feeling a slight pain in my lower back, so originally didn't plan to train. It cleared up by afternoon so I figured, what the hell and headed down to the gym anyway. Perhaps GM from pins wasn't such a great idea, but everything worked out fine. Got a new pr of 205kg (previous was 200kg), so at least the day is not lost. Concentrated on easing the bar off the pins and building up the tension as fast as i could but without any jerking. 205 was hard to get moving, but flew off the pins once I got it started.
 
Squats
100 * 20 for 3 sets
Haven't done any free squatting for awhile, so in honour of Abel (i hope you're reading this), I decided to do some 20 rep squats. Rest time was about 2 mins in between, but I didn't feel the effect of the conditioning till i finished the 3rd set. I like high rep squats and I think I will keep these in. Maybe aim for 30reps next week or up the weight a little.

GHR
BW * 10 for 3 sets
Slow negatives, and done with the hands on the chest to gradually increase the resistance. Previously I would do these with my hands by my side, so shifting the weight out front increases the resistance I get.
 
Single leg leg press
90 * 15 for 3 sets
Nothing special, just tried to maintain constant tension on the quads and feel the muscle more than anything. Honestly, my legs were already pumped from the squats.
 
Hanging leg raises
BW * 12 for 3 sets
Was feeling rather shagged and lower back was tightening up, so didn't bother doing any direct lower back work, and instead finished off with some light ab work.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment