Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Squat 28th November 2012

Squat
115kg * 3
133 * 3
152.5 * 4
170 * 3, 1
162.5 * 3, 3
152.5 * 5, 5

Made the decision to lower the max used for the intense phase. I lowered it from 190 to 180, which would make it a training max of about 95%. Failed during the second rep of the second 170 work set. No matter, I think it's a smart move because we aren't taking the 2 weeks off as the smolov cycle actually dictates. After lowering the weights, the rest of the sets were much easier. Was pretty gassed by the end, so decided to skip accessory work today and get in more food!!

Nutrition wise the past week was a nightmare because my food poisoning seemed to affect my appetite for the whole week. I also feel a little burnt out because i feel constantly sluggish which is definitely not a good thing. Am bumping up my calories to about 4000kcal/day for the next week, sort of to make up for the previous week of undereating, and because I think the nutrition component of my recovery can be used to sort of compensate for the rest component of my recovery. Will still aim to get at least 7 hours of sleep. haha Exam week indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment