Friday, November 23, 2012

Squat 23rd November 2012

Squat
worked up to max
180kg * 1
190 * 1
200 * 1 (but Tim said he gave some assist)

A1: GHR
BW * 10 for 3 sets

A2: Lat pulldown
55 * 20 for 3 sets

A3: Standing Ab crunch
43 * 15 for 3 sets

A4: Reverse hyper
BW * 10 for 3 sets

- A1 to A4 were supersetted, 1 min rest time in between supersets

Today was max testing day for squat and to be honest, I was abit nervous since I'm still pretty dehydrated and feeling quite weak from my food poisoning. Stomach was still funky this morning, but at least the vomitting stopped and my appetite is coming back. I finally managed to touch 200kg again, which is a post injury PR for me. 200 has been a huge mental block for me ever since I tore my back back in end 2010. Really happy with today's performance, and looking forward to bringing my squat up more so I can finally crush 5 plates and upwards. Strained for like 6 seconds, and was lightheaded at the end of it. Tim did an awesome job spotting because he really knew to let me strain through it and not jump in prematurely. Reminds me why a reliable spotter is very important when attempting max weights. Thanks Tim (if you're reading this lol).

Intense phase for smolov is looking pretty intense (pun intended?) since i'm using 190 as the max weight. However, will re-evaluate again during next week and see if i might need to revise the weight down to 185 or even 180. Some accessory work after that to round off what is a decent session considering i felt like a weak little bitch before starting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment