Saturday, November 10, 2012

Squat 10th November 2012

Squat
155kg * 3 for 10 sets

Lat pulldown (but sitting reverse on the machine)
55 * 12 for 5 sets

Standing Ab Crunch
41 * 18 for 3 sets

15 mins on the spinner @90rpm

Today's session was good. Did about 5 sets with the bar, what I like to think of as rehearsal sets, before putting on 1 plate, then 2, then 2 and a half and after which, jumping straight into the first working set. Somedays I feel I don't need as many feeler sets, and today was one of them. All the sets were fast, but i played around with rest timing for the first couple sets. Resting 4 mins between my first and second set, and 3 mins between my second and third set. Found that the optimal resting time for me seemed to be around 4 mins today. Everything moved relatively fast, with no grinding. Managed to maintain a good arch in the lower back and my abs don't give way like it used to the past few weeks, so I guess the ab work is really starting to help. Accessory work was done with minimal rest in between sets (~30s), and I was done with them in less than 10 mins. Actual strength work took me about 45 mins (not including warm ups) so pretty decent pace and I think my recovery ability is improving. All in all, good session. 2nd week of base meso down, one more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment