Wednesday, March 13, 2013

ME upper body 13th March 2013

Warm up: pullups/dips/upright rows/face pulls/GHR, 3 rounds, 10 reps, no rest

Floor press
worked up to 120kg * 3
Paused each rep for one second on the floor. 120kg * 3 is a PR for tbh, but only because I've never tried a 3RM before. Relaxed the pressing muscles but kept the upper back tight during the second's pause, then fired the pressing muscles to reverse the weight. Decided not to push further after 120kg cos the elbow started acting up again. Trying to find exercises that I can do to train the triceps that will not put too much strain on my elbows.

Incline DB press
35 * 10 for 3 sets
Truly hate doing these. Mostly cos I really suck at them. Went deep on each rep, which is why I was using such pussy weight. Despite it being pussy weight, this wasn't easy by any means, so that just goes to show how much I need to start incorporating DB presses to ensure my chest gets some work and doesn't lag behind in strength compared to the rest of the pressing muscles. Rest time between sets was 2 mins.

Power Shrugs
120 * 5 for 3 sets
Started these from knee level and tried to shrug and do a hip thrust combo to get the weight moving up and backwards. My traps actually got pumped up from this despite the low reps, so i expect they might feel sore tmr. Rest time between sets was 2 mins.

Triceps pushdowns
Stack * 15 for 3 sets
Seems like tricep pushdowns are all I can do atm without any elbow pain. Wanted to pin weight on, but realized I probably will be hitting triceps hard on friday so decided to be conservative and use the stack instead. Also felt this was better for my elbows as it sort of had a recuperative effect. Rest time was 1 min between sets.

Seated Lateral Raises
20 * 10 for 5 sets
These were done with a slight pause at the top position. Rest time was really short, probably less than a min. I remember counting 10 breaths or so between sets.

Rear delts machine
75 * 20 for 3 sets
Tried to keep the rear delts under tension throughout the movement. Last set was really burning up. Rest time between was 1 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment