Monday, March 11, 2013

ME Lower body 11th MArch 2013

Warm up: Pull ups/GHR/Back extension, 3 rounds, 10 reps each, no rest

Box Squat (parallel)
140kg * 1
150 * 1
160 * 1
170 * 1
180 * 1
190 * 1
200 * 1 (PR)
All squats were done with a 2 second pause. During the pause, I kept the upper back and torso tight, but relaxed the hips, glutes and hams. Coming off the box, I fired the glutes and hams first so my hips wouldn't fly up first, and tried to drive the head back. Been a while since I did these and the last time I did, I remember I was having trouble with 160kg, so 200kg was a really pleasant surprise. Tim mentioned that my bar speed was relatively fast too, so really happy about that. I attempted 210kg, but missed it. I think I lost focus and relaxed everything when on the box, so coming off the box was almost impossible. Pathetic lol. Still, I hit my goal for today so I can't really complain.

Arched back good mornings
worked up to 142.5 * 5 

GHR
5kg plate * 8 for 4 sets
Rest time was 1 min between sets. Really trying to bring up my hamstring strength. Also doing these as explosive as I can.

DB Back extensions
30 * 12 for 4 sets
Rest time was 1 min between sets. DBs were much harder than using the bar due to the slightly increased range of motion.

Weighted Decline Sit ups
10kg plate * 8 for 3 sets
Rest time was 1 min between sets. Paused in the contracted position for 3 seconds. 

Overall, good session. I like the inclusion of the warm up circuit as it helps me ensure my conditioning is up to par to lift at the level I hope to lift at. Also a great way of getting all the muscles working.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment