Thursday, March 14, 2013

DE Lower Body 15th March 2013

Warm up: Pullups/GHR/Back extensions, 3 rounds, 10 reps, no rest

Squat with Bands (Large bands)
102.5kg * 2 for 8 sets
45 secs rest between sets. Band tension at the top was crazy. Just with the bands, I felt like I had at least 1 plate on my back at the top, so by my etimation, it was probably 140kg+ at the top. Rest time seemed to pass faster than usual dynamic days. Was completely spent by the time I was done with these haha Speed work always seems to take so much out of me.

Sumo Speed pulls off blocks (3 inch)
160 * 2 for 5 sets
~1 min rest between sets. Worked quite a bit on technique and just driving with the hips. Tried to keep the hips as close to the bar as I could and not 'break the chain' so to speak. Will gradually be bringing the weight closer to the floor in the coming weeks (ie. 1.5 inch blocks next week, the off the floor the week after). Trying to really build up the hip strength and learn to open them up so I can get a better starting position.
 
GHR
BW * 12 for 3 sets
1 min rest between sets. These were done much more explosively than the warm up GHRs. I think I'm only finally starting to get this movement, despite having done them for at least a year, albeit on and off. Focus on flexing and maintaining the tension in both attachments of the hams, as well as flexing hard at the top of the movement. I *think* my hams are finally starting to get bigger lol. But my quads are virtually nonexistent HAHA

Standing Cable crunch
Stack * 20 for 3 sets
1 min rest time in between. Constant tension on the abs.

I kinda regret not putting in some back work dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment