Monday, March 18, 2013

ME Lower Body 18th March 2013

Warmup: Pullups/GHR/back extension, 3 rounds, 10 reps, no rest

Deadlift from blocks (4 inch)
170kg * 1
190 * 1
210 * 1
220 * 0 for 2 sets (no lockout)
200 * 2 (3rd rep grip gave way at top, no lockout)
190 * 5
Had a headache all the way throughout the day, which intensified during my lesson lol. Probably should sleep more. Anyway, grip was a severe limiting factor today. My calluses felt super tender for some reason. Was planning to work up to at least 240kg, but fell severely short of that. My grip kept giving way at the top during the 220 sets, so after two attempts, I decided to drop the weight go for multiples instead, because I really didn't want to use wraps. Took the weight back down to 200 for (attempted) triple. My callus sort of ripped on the inside at the top of the third rep, so I decided to take the weight down somemore and try a good 5. Unlike previous rep attempts, all the reps were done from a dead stop, instead of bouncing off the floor. Tim mentioned that I should get rid of the calluses by scrapping them away so they won't be so prone to tearing haha I think I shall try that. Overall crap performance today so I decided to go harder with my supplemental and accessories.

GHR
5kg * 10 for 3 sets
Done as explosively as possible. Rest time was 1 min between sets.

Standing Ab crunch
25kg plate + stack * 10 for 5 sets
Constant tension on the abs. Rest time was 1 min between sets.

A1: Power shrugs (with snatch grip)
5 sets of 5, pyramid up to 100kg
A2: Lat pulldowns
95 * 12 for 5 sets
A1 and A2 were supersetted. Rest time between supersets was 1 min. The snatch grip really hurt more than usual today because of the semi torn callus. Just tried gripping the bar as hard as I could and bearing with the pain. I like power shrugs though.

No comments:

Post a Comment