Thursday, August 22, 2013

Juggernaut 8s Wave Week 3 Squats 22nd August 2013

Rolling + stretching lower body

Dynamic lower body stuff

Squat
Bar * 5
60kg * 5
91 * 5
110 * 3
128.5 * 2
137.5 * 1
146 * 14 (PR)
Tried to really lock in the tightness by using a new cue to brace the core (pulling the ribs down). Felt much tighter and better, and the weight was moving even faster than usual. Keeping so tight really took a toll though, and it left me sucking wind by the last rep. I went to technical failure, hips started shooting up around the last 2 reps. I counted 15 reps but i'm honestly not too sure, feels like I might have miscounted. Good part was I wasn't super dead after the squats, as would usually be the case with 'high' rep squats. Still feeling tightness in the right psoas, so gotta spend more time stretching that out.

Front Squat
60 * 5
100 * 5
110 * 3 * 7
Still can't sit down as nicely as Abel does, but am working on it. Rest time was roughly a min.

GHR
10kg plate * 5 * 5
These felt really good and strong today, even though I was pretty shagged by this point. Rest time 1 min.

Machine Rows
65 * 12 * 3
65 * 10
My lats actually feel sore from monday still 0_o but felt good anyway. Rest time 1 min.

GHR abs
3 sets of 20

Good session! Ain't nothing better than a PR! 

No comments:

Post a Comment