Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Juggernaut 8s Wave Week 1 Squat 7th August 2013

Lower body foam roll

Dynamic warm up
Been trying out certain stuff inspired by Bryce Lewis

Program:

Squat
Bar * 10
60kg * 8
100 * 8
120 * 8 * 4
120 * 18
Had about a minute rest in between sets. After the last set, I had a massive headache, probably from dehydration. Had to wait close to 40 mins before it subsided and I could finish the training. Other than that, the squats were alright. Form definitely could have been tighter. Felt a lot of quads cos I kept drifting forward on some of the reps. None of that lower back good morning action though, so thankful for that, AND no lower back pain too. Was aiming for 20 on the last set, but perhaps I didn't take enough rest in between sets.

*40 min break*

Front squat
80 * 5 * 5
With the front squats, I'm still getting used to the front rack, but am very thankful to Abel for converting me to this style of racking the bar. I also tried to just dropping my butt down instead of pushing it back as I'm so used to. Still getting used to front squatting this way, so hope to be moving some real weight in the following weeks as I get more and more accustomed.

GHR
10 sets of 10
Rest time was 40s. Can anyone say hamstring cramp?

Single arm lat pulldown
45 * 10 * 10
Done on one of those cable machines with the pivotal arms. I think it's called a freemotion machine or something. 

GHR abs
25ibs plate * 12 * 3

Not the best training session, but glad to at least have gotten some volume in, and hit a decent last set on my squats. PRs are awesome to have, but keep in mind that there will always be shitty days -those really bad days that can break you if you let it. One training session does not make or break your training. In fact, embracing it is key to understanding what you have to do better next time to improve yourself. I will be stronger next time. If not next time, then the time after next. Whatever it is, never stop, never settle.

No comments:

Post a Comment