Friday, August 9, 2013

Juggernaut 8s Wave Week 1 (BIRTHDAY) Bench 9th August 2013

Banded Upper body Warm up

Bench
Bar * 10
40kg * 10
60 * 10
85 * 8, 8, 10, 8, 20/12/5
Rest time was about a minute. Trained as SSC, so had to keep the pace fast. Happy with the rest pause set, although I probably might have performed better if I had taken a bit more rest. Starting to get used to keeping my head down when I bench, which is (y)

Incline Bench
60 * 8
90 * 5 * 4
90 * 6/3/1 (LOL)
Rest time was really quick here. (about 30s) cos my training buddy and I decided to do a you go i go rotation haha

Bradford press
40 * 15 * 3
Good shit on the shoulders! Didn't feel as shag as the past three weeks though.. hope that means i'm adapting something fierce!

Lat pulldown
3 sets of 20
Cant remember the weight, but went by feel, Kept these really strict and focused on constant tension on the lats. Even though it was just 3 sets, it really got the lats pumped up.

Machine Shrugs
3 sets of 12
5 secs hold at the top of each rep. Focused on shrugging by keeping my shoulders back to really hit the lower trapezius area. 

Good birthday session! One of the rare occasions training at SSC was so quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment