Sunday, August 18, 2013

Juggernaut 8s Wave Week 2 Deadlift 19th August 2013

Lower body rolling and stretching - focused on loosening up the glutes

Deadlift
60kg * 5
100 * 5
130 * 3
150 * 3
160 * 8 * 3
160 * 14
Program actually called for 3 sets of 8 with 160kg, with the last set being 8+ but not to complete failure. However, I forgot to do more than 8 for the 3rd set, so decided to go for a 4th and aimed to at least get 15. Kept getting pulled forward on the 13th and 14th rep, so decided to end the set there (technical failure). Surprisingly, my conditioning is holding up pretty well and these 4 sets didn't feel THAT tiring; although I still hate high rep deads.

Snatch grip stiffies (w/straps)
162.5 * 3 * 6
Loaded the lower back and hamstrings as much as I could, and I kept visualizing the way Klokov does them. Weight moved surprisingly fast so I was pretty happy with this.

Deadstop BB rows
100 * 8 * 4
Pulled the bar up to the sternum area, right where my bench touches, instead of pulling it to my stomach. Getting more heavy upper back work in this way. Rest time was 1 min.

GHR abs
10 * 12 * 4
Standard ab work. Rest time was 30s.

Good session overall, glad I didn't give in and be lazy with the deadlifts. Feel like the high rep deads are helping me keep my technique. I realize I don't have to lower my hip as much, as long as I can get myself slightly behind the bar. The focus for the past 6 weeks of contracting the lats before the pull's really helped to take the stress of the lower back, and my bar doesn't drift forward like it used to when the weight comes off the floor. So far so good! Grind on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment