Thursday, August 29, 2013

Juggernaut 8s Wave Deload Week Squat 30th August 2013

Lower body roll and glute stretch

Squat
Bar * 10
60kg * 5
100 * 5
140 * 5 * 5
Deload session today, so nothing heavy and strenuous. Gave me the opportunity to kinda experiment with centering the weight on my thighs, such that my arms had minimal involvement in holding the bar. Kept rest time pretty short (about a min). Also continued practicing the pulling of rib cage down cue, which I really like. Really gets me tight and braced. Realize that I don't need to deload at 50% because my recovery seems to be on point, and the diet is coming along well. 

Front squat
60 * 10 * 6
Focused on just sitting down as much as i could, realize my left ankle mobility is pretty bad so that's preventing me from really getting that sit down that I need with my front squats. Rest time was 1 min.

GHR
15kg * 4 * 6
These were heavy, but since they were on the GHR, not as stressful. Really felt the hams today. Rested about 1.5 mins between. Some of the last reps for the sets weren't fantastic.

Seated Hamstring curl
75 * 10 * 4
Just a little more volume in. 1 min rest.

GHR abs
20kg plate * 10 * 3
These weren't easy. 1 min rest. 

Bicep curls
3 sets of 21s
Just some curls to protect the bis....

Trained late today, and the gym was a haven. Peace, quiet and tranquility. In fact I was so taken by the placidity of the facility, I tried to train as silent as I could; like a ninja. Stealthy late night action heh

1 comment: