Monday, December 3, 2012

Squat + Bench 3rd December 2012

Squat
107.5kg * 4
125 * 4
145 * 4
162.5 * 3, 4, 4

Bench
97.5 * 6 for 6 sets

A1: GHR
BW * 8 for 3 sets

A2: Standing Ab crunch
43 * 17 for 3 sets

A3: Face pull
21 * 20 for 3 sets

- A1 - A3 were supersetted, rest time was 1 min between  supersets.

Tried a 5th rep on the last set of squats, but I think I didn't rest enough from the previous set. Really pushed the rest time today, barely 3 mins between the top sets. However, I feel better about my back as there was not much rolling forward with the top weights. Felt tighter in my set up, although my wrists felt loose. Think I didn't grip the bar hard enough as I descended.

Also, started Smolov jr. bench today. Really concentrated on the speed and letting the acceleration take me through the sticking point. Since the weight was light, it moved really fast, but I was rather gassed by the end of each set. To give an idea of the speed, I did all 6 reps in one breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment