Friday, December 14, 2012

Back 14th December 2012

A1: Pullup
BW * 10 for 3 sets
A2: Dips
BW * 10 for 3 sets
- A1 and A2 were supersetted, minimal rest time in between

Lat pulldown
Worked up to 145kg * 6
115 * 12
- Did many sets of 8 starting from 75 and pyramiding up by 10kg to the top weight

Straight arm pushdown (kneeling)
21 * 15 for 3 sets

Power shrugs (thumbless grip)
120 * 5 for 3 sets
- these were hard, my grip really is shit

Preacher DB curl
15 * 10 for 2 sets

Standing barbell curl
40 * 12
40 * 15, then changed to reverse grip and did another 15 reps

Back today after a week long hiatus. Had to rush down to KL because my aunt passed away. I'm happy that it was a peaceful passing and that she had the chance to see my nephew and spend time with us because in singapore before that for my cousin's wedding. Rest well Aunty Mary! (':

Was itching to get back in the gym again. Have to rearrange the smolov schedule, so now the training schedule is as follows:

Saturday - Smolovs 1 & assistance work
Sunday - Back
Monday - Smolovs 2 & assistance work
Tuesday - Back
Wednesday - Smolov jr 3 & assistance work
Thursday - Smolov 3 & Smolov jr 4 & assistance work
Fri - Rest

Didn't eat much over in KL as my aunt's only eat a meal or two a day. Tried to get in as many calories as I could and was probably getting in no more than 150g of protein a day. However, I think this was offset by my extremely low activity level and PLENTY of rest that I got, so didn't lose much (if any) muscle and strength.

Decided to go heavy on the lat pulldown today. Still felt the back working at 135kg for 8 reps and got a decent pump overall. 145 was too heavy and ended up with shit form, but it was worth a shot I guess. Squatting tmr! Probably will have to do a lot more warming up and technique work. Also, I will probably be incorporating kettlebell swings into my training as an assistance exercise (more of a restorative element, since the highest weight is only 24kg).

No comments:

Post a Comment