Saturday, December 22, 2012

Bench 22nd December 2012

Bench
107.5 * 6 for 6 sets
Worked on alot of technique today since the weight was really light, and Xianglin was there to help me look out for my bar leveling and my pressing symmetry.  Surprisingly light weight even though it's the 3rd week, despite me using 95% of my max to calculate the weights. Anyway, was happy with the overall progress because really tightened up the form somewhat, so I just have to remember the same things (equal descent on my left and right side, and my positioning on the bench) when I next bench.

GHR
BW * 6 for 3 sets
Actually wanted to do with a 5kg plate, but realized it was tough enough as it is because the tempo was 41X. 

A1: Standing Ab crunch
Stack + 20kg plate * 10 for 3 sets
A2: Weighted back extension
42.5kg * 10 for 3 sets
A1 and A2 were supersetted with no rest in between. Standing Ab crunch was pretty tough, and was done with a tempo of 301. Weighted back extensions were done with a tempo of 21X. 

B1: Leg raises
BW * 10 for 3 sets
B2: Reverse Hyper
Small band * 10 for 3 sets
B1 and B2 were supersetted with no rest in between.

Single arm laterals (seated)
10 * 12 for 3 sets
Tempo was 40X; 60s rest in between sets. I tried to do a one second contraction at the top before lowering. Tried to generate as much tension in the delt throughout the movement.

Rear Lateral machine
54 * 20 for 2 sets
Tempo was 111; 60s rest in between the sets. Gripped the machine with a reverse grip (palms facing each other) instead of the standard palms facing down grip.

2 comments:

  1. don't you mean 22 dec? unless you travelled forward in time to get this workout in. hardcore.

    ReplyDelete