Monday, December 24, 2012

Bench 24th December 2012

Upper body warm up
Pullups / Dips / face pulls
Exercises were supersetted. 10 reps each. 3 sets. 

Bench
115kg * 5 for 7 sets
Trained at Thomson gym today with Abel. Really good atmosphere, although I had to keep doublechecking the plates to make sure they were the correct weights. Other than that, performance was decent and the weight moved easily, although the very last rep of the last set was way too slow for my liking. Bordering on grinding. Kept in mind all the little technique pointers that I worked on on sat, and am starting to really get my bench groove on.

Lateral raises (single arm)
3 sets of 10+
Can't really remember the weight, but it was 10ish kg, maybe 11 or 12. Intended tempo was 501, although the eccentric got faster by the time I was halfway into the set. Didn't really bother with rep counts, just did AMRAP with my right side and tried to match it with my left.

Overhead Face pulls
31 * 20 for 3 sets
Did a 1 second contraction at the top of the movement. Really fried up my whole upper back even though the weight was miniscule. Supersetted these with machine flyes, but the machine flyes were more just restorative work than anything. 

Pretty good and straightforward session. Probably will go down and train there when my timing and logistics allow me to do so.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment