Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Lower body Supplementals 9th April 2013

Foam roll: Back, hams, quads, IT band
Hip distractions: 4 sets, a minute each
Warm up: Lat pulldown/GHR/Back extension, 3 rounds, 10 - 15 reps, no rest

Squat
100kg * 5
110 * 3
125 * 3
140 * 3
Just some light squats to try a few new things with regards to technique. I mostly tried to bring my hip under the bar as much as possible, and used a slightly wider stance than usual. Felt really good and tight in the hole, and actually couldn't get down very low. Only thing is I'm not sure if the hip strength can handle it, cos the weight was too light to know. Shall test it out further on fri's sesh.

SSB Squats
110 * 10 for 3 sets
Slowly bring up the weight on these. Went low. Rest time was pretty short, cause I was training with Sam the man, so it was i go you go. I do these with a close stance (one foot inner than shoulder width)

SSB good mornings
60 * 10 for 3 sets
Went super low on these, letting the lower back take most of the stress. Again, short rest time, roughly a minute.

Lat pulldowns
85 * 20 for 4 sets
Rest time was roughly one minute plus. I like high rep pulling movements for the extra grip work. Economical lol Hate actually doing it though.....

No headache today thank god. I guess the GIANT Shake last night helped haha

No comments:

Post a Comment