Saturday, February 9, 2013

DeadMEAT 9th February 2013

Sumo Deadlifts
worked up to 210kg * 1
First time going up in weight with sumo. Attempted 220kg twice but couldn't even budge it both times. Technique was still shoddy as shit so really have to brush up on that. After reviewing my vids, I realized how far forward my set up is, which results in a horribly weak pull from the start. Technically this is a PR for me, because i've never done sumo deading before, but still not happy that I didn't even hit 5 plates.
 
GHR
5 * 8 for 3 sets
Think it's about time I started upping the intensity of my hamstring work to bring up their strength. 
 
Banded reverse hyper
3 sets of 12
choked the small band so this worked pretty well.
 
GHR
BW * 10 for 3 sets
More GHRs because they are the solution to all your problems. 

Happy with the meet today because there was a wonderful turnout. Really hope that this is the start of a good lifting community in SMU. Especially with all the strong as fuck year zeros, ones and twos. Exciting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment