Thursday, September 5, 2013

Juggernaut 5s Wave Week 1 Squat 5th Sept 2013

Lower body Roll and Stretch

Squat
Bar * 5 * 3
60kg * 5 * 2
100 * 5
132.5 * 5 * 5
132.5 * 17
Was aiming for 20 on the last set, but the 16th and 17th rep started to use the lower back so I stopped the set there. Today's squatting felt like a cardio sesh, and I felt a little slow, albeit smooth. I attribute it to the deep tissue massage Victor so graciously gave me yesterday, but lesson learnt: Don't tax your CNS with an intense massage the day before you squat. Still happy with today's squats because 8 weeks ago I hit only 14 reps with 135kg fresh before I started to feel the lower back tax, but today's rep set was after 5 sets of 5 with the same weight. 

Reverse band squats (med bands)
150 * 5
160 * 5
170 * 5
Just a bit of 'overloading' work.

Front squats (using straps as handles)
100 * 3
120 * 3 * 5
These were tough as I was pretty shagged out already. On Abel's recommendation, I rested longer between sets. Tended to revert back to  using the glutes rather than the quads with the last reps. But definitely much better than before. Quads were rather fried.

GHR
10kg plate * 6 * 5
Hamstrings were cramping up. Still too weak on this. The temporary goal is to hit a set of 10 with a 20kg plate.

GHR abs
20kg plate * 12 * 3

Pull ups
3 sets of 8

Today's session reminded me of Snowflake syndrome: Everyone thinks they work harder than everyone else, but it is in knowing that you don't, that you start to.

No comments:

Post a Comment