Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cube Week 9 Deadlift Heavy 24th June 2013

Deadlift
60kg * 5
100 * 5
140 * 3
160 * 1
180 * 1
200 * 8

Squats
140 * 5
150 * 2 for 8 sets

BB Rows
100 * 10 for 3 sets

Lat pulldowns
5 sets of 10 with the stack

DB shrugs (fat grips)
20 * 12 for 3 sets
Each rep held for 5 secs at the contracted position.

Back extensions
one set of 60 reps

Hanging leg raises
2 sets of 12

Hamstring curls
2 sets of 20

Trained at SSC today. Stupid lady trainer at the gym was really annoying, as she kept coming to ask me to stop letting the weight down so heavily. I think i probably had a rep or two more in the tank for my deadlift work set, but I was controlling the eccentric cos she was standing there telling me to lower the weights lighter with each set! While I was doing my set!! Gosh, the stupidity of some ppl... Anyway, still happy with the 200kg * 8. Accordingly, that puts my est max at 253kg? Hopefully resting up for the next 13 days till the meet will help. Lower back is very tight, but pain is not so acute (4.5/10) guess from now till the comp I have to be diligent in my rolling sessions. Did speed squats after that. Was pretty fast out of the hole, but tends to slow down half way up. Still, weight felt light on the back so happy with that. Managed the lower back tightness as best I could, and no increase in pain even after the squats. Also really happy with my straight set of 60 reps on the back extension. First time I can actually do that with minimal pain! Rest of the accessories were pretty standard, rest time was short cos it was i go u go with my training partners. Overall good session, prob would have been better without the retarded woman, but I feel like I've redeemed myself from sat's crap sesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment