Saturday, June 22, 2013

Cube Week 8 Squats 'Heavy' 22th June 2013

Foam roll: lower back

Squats
Bar * a million
60kg * 10
100 * 5
120 * 5
140 * 1
160 * 1, 1
140 * countless singles
140 * 3 (paused 2 secs)
Lower back was really tight and horrible today. My hips kept shifting and I didn't feel good so decided to remain conservative. Figured getting injured now would be way worse. Tried to fix the hip shifting problem, so lowered the weight. Lower back pain was a 5/10 when I started, but by the time I finished squatting, it was close to a 7/10.

Good mornings
100 * 8 for 3 sets
Kept the weight moderate for the GMs. Somehow, I didn't really feel much of a strain on my lower back when I did these. 

Leg press
3 sets of 20
The leg presses really put a strain on my lower back! By the time I was done with the 3 sets, the pain was around a 8.5/10.  I couldn't even do the lunges after. 

Back extensions
2 sets of 10, 1 set of 20
Did the 45 deg back extensions, so the strain on the lower back was not as intense. Pain was pretty bad at this point.

Leg curl machine (seated)
2 sets of 50
These were alright.

Very bad session. My lower back still feels incredibly tight and painful now as I sit, and I have to shift around to alleviate the pain. Am trying to figure out how to handle this at the moment, been just stretching and rolling on a softball about 5 times now since I've been back. Think I need to make an appointment with the sinseh again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment