Monday, May 6, 2013

Cube Week 2 Deadlift Explosive 6th May 2013

Foam roll: Back, IT band, Hams, Quads
Warm up: Band GMs/Lunges/Band Abductors/Band Adductors, 2 rounds, 15 reps, no rest

Deadlifts
100kg * 5
110 * 5
130 * 3
152.5 * 3 for 8 sets
Speed sets were done with about  15 to 30s rest in between. Did DOH for the first two sets, then switched to mixed for the remainder of the sets. Focus on pulling and accelerating as fast as I could, and I think I pulled much faster than I've ever pulled before haha Well, at least i felt more explosive. Just made two alterations, bracing the abdominals and tucking the chin to try and keep my head neutral. Felt really good and tight from the ab bracing, but will play around with the chin tucking more to see if it makes a significant diff.

4" Block Pulls
130 * 12 for 3 sets
Used DOH for all the sets. Forearms were pretty stoked after. I always find it much harder to pull from blocks than from the floor lol

SSB Squats
100 * 10
120 * 8 for 2 sets
Did the first set with 100kg cos my lower back was pretty shot up by this point. Really tight and almost bordering on pain. But then I figured I could do 120 relatively easily if I really focused and braced my core to protect my lower back, so I decided to do the remaining 2 sets with 120.

Shrugs
100 * 12 for 3 sets
Done DOH also, but forearms were still feeling the after effects of the block pulls. Weight was light on the traps, and held the contraction for a hard flex at the top.

GHR back extensions
BW * 10 for 5 excruciating sets
The pain in my lower back was still there so I had to do these as cautiously as I could. Broke it up into 5 sets of 10. 

V bar Lat pulldowns
Stack * 15 for 4 sets
These were the easiest thing in today's workout. Was thankful I could sit down for this lol

Rolled and stretched like a crazed mofo after.


No comments:

Post a Comment