Saturday, October 13, 2012

Back + Triceps 13th Oct 2012

Deadlift
130kg * 5, 150 * 5, 170 * 5

Sterum Pull ups (on the assisted machine)
8 sets of 5 with assistance weight at 33kg

Cable row
6 sets of 15
*can't remember how heavy it was*

Wide grip shrugs
60 * 15, 15, 15

Close Grip Bench
100 * 10, 10, 10

Low incline DB extension
15 * 12, 12, 12

Rope pushdowns
20 * AMAP for 2 sets


Feels good to deadlift again. The weights were very light, as expected. Usually for 531, I don't do more than the prescribed reps for the final set of deadlifts, as opposed to the rest of the lifts, because I tend to burn out fast on deads. Actually come to think of it, this is the first time I'm deadlifting since Feb.

Was weak as shit on the sternum pull ups though. Held the top position for 2 secs and squeezed the fuck out of my back. Felt all sorts of back muscles activating that I haven't felt in a LONG time. Same performance method with the cable rows. The variable resistance on the machines aren't measured out in nice whole numbers so it's a bit annoying recording it down. haha OCD

Decided to play it safe and not go heavy on the close grips since I was pretty guessed from the back work. Everything else was merely pump and go so nothing special there. I think I would like to keep a dedicated arm day in, or train triceps with chest. Was too gassed after back to really hit the triceps well.

Takeaways from today are that my back is weak as shit. lol Time to hit it hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment