Thursday, July 18, 2013

Juggernaut 10s Wave Week 2 Squat 18th July 2013

Mobility: Lower body + extra time on shoulder, trap and calves

Program:

Squat
Bar * 10, 10, 10
60kg * 10
100 * 5
112.5 * 5
122.5 * 20
120 * 3 (paused 8 seconds)

GHR
5kg plate * 10, 6, 6, 6, 6
Rest time was 1 min.

Seated Leg curl
75 * 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
Rest time was 45s.

GHR abs
5kg plate * 12, 12, 12, 12
Rest time was 1 min.

Had to cut short my session due to a sudden change in schedule, so didn't get much assistance work in. Squats were alright. The high rep set felt pretty good, but I was a little gassed after. I was feeling rather bloated from breakfast/brunch, so was just praying that I wouldn't puke after the squats, which I didn't thankfully. Decided to do one set of long pauses for pause squats just to ease myself back into it. Actually felt comfortable pausing it in the hole. I held the position just below parallel for the pauses.

Just a little concern, although it come pretty early since it's only the second week of the program; not feeling some heavy weight on my back feels kinda weird and worrying. However, I'm sorta taking this first phase as a deload to sorta recover from the meet. Shall continue and hope that this stretched out linear periodization works. cross fingers

No comments:

Post a Comment