Thursday, July 11, 2013

Juggernaut 10s Wave Week 1 Bench 12th July 2013

Foam roll: Back, lats, shoulders, chest, traps

Warm ups: Band flyes/pushdowns/pullaparts/upright rows, 15 reps, 2 rounds, no rest

Program:

Bench
Bar * 10
40kg * 10
60 * 10
75 * 10, 10, 10, 10, 15(yes my benching really is shit lol)
Really worked on keeping my head to the bench. What a foreign feeling. Weight was light enough for me to take 45s rests in between. Rested slightly longer before the last set, yet only managed 15 easy reps; anything after would have been slow and ugly. I also paused the last 2 or 3 reps of every set on my chest just to look badass (but actually I was secretly just catching my breath lol).

Wide grip paused bench (5s)
60 * 8, 8, 8
Tried to control the descent and not let these drop onto my chest too fast. Paused them for 5 seconds and really felt the stretch in the pecs and shoulders. Good shit. Rest time was 1 min.

Incline DB
30 * 15, 15, 10/5
Getting better? Still sucks though lol By now I actually had a chest pump going O_o Rest time was roughly a min.

Lat pulldowns
85 * 20, 20, 20, 20
Rest time was 1 min between. Biceps and forearms were a little shagged around the 3rd and 4th set.

GHR abs
BW * 15, 15, 15
Rest time was 1 min.

Putting 'Juggernaut' in the post titles makes me feel like a beast!.....then I look in the mirror :( hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment