Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Legs 8th April 2014

High Bar ATG pause squats (3s)
started from 60kg * 3 and worked up to 180kg * 1, and 190kg * 0 (10kg increments)
120kg * 5 * 5
The 5 * 5 were done in 10 mins and the I took note of the speed from the first rep of the first set to the last rep of the last set. The differential was 30%. When I can reduce this down to 10%, I will bring the weight up. The speed work is way more tiring than I expected.

Deadlift (speed)
160kg * 3 * 8
did these in oly shoes so it was much tougher. Kept feeling like I was being thrown forward.

Single leg leg press
75kg * 20 * 3

GHR
BW * 10 * 5

Am currently transitioning from my mass-building phase into the strength phase, so have started grouping my deads and squats together on the same day. Still feeling sick and my whole respiratory system seems clogged up with phlegm which is super disgusting. Can't breathe properly and can't expel the phlegm either. Arghhhh 

Anyway, inspired by Abelov, I decided to try the high bar atg pause squat. I tried 3 sec pauses, but I believe the 170kg and 180kg were probably only 2 secs at best. Shouldn't have attempted 190kg, so lesson learnt. The fail point was really high though, so I figured it's really my shitty quads. Also thinking of including weighted hip bridges (or hip thrusters) to help with my glute strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment