Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Update: 23rd October 2013

Been a while since I updated, so here's an update on my current condition. My musculoigamentous injury (what a mouthful) is still pretty acute in that there is a constant pain regardless whether i'm sitting or standing or even lying. I still have to take the painkillers before i sleep, and rub some analgesic on the back (or rather, get my mum to help). Squatting and deadlifting are still out of the picture for what I imagine to be another 2 weekish or so. I have been benching, and am doing roughly 3 sessions a week, still following the wave loading pattern detailed in the previous post. Have finished the 3rd phase waves for the movements already, so am going to increase the top weights by 2.5kg for the next waves. Am still doing all bench work with feet up (Siamand Rahman you are my current inspiration :']). 

Rehab is coming along fine, as with the past times that i've had this injury, it's really a matter of waiting out the healing process, and then rehabbing with the movement to work the muscle strength back once it can tolerate the stress. For now it's just a lot of stretching the surrounding muscles to ease off the pressure on the affected area. On a plus side, I actually see cuts in my quads lol.

Congrats also to Abel, Bryan and Sam for hitting pretty significant numbers in their training, as well as max, whose bench is coming along really well. I'm feeling so amped up just watching them progress and smash PRs that I wanna just jump in and squat and dead too but then I remember i'm currently handicapped and i get pissed. Lots of catching up to do when i'm healed up, but I'll be back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment