Saturday, November 2, 2013

Injury Update 2nd November 2013

Back is slowly but surely healing up. Still unable to squat, but rehab is done every day, and I try to minimize my movement as much as possible. The pain is not as intense anymore and some nights I don't have to take painkillers to sleep. I imagine I'll get more movement back within the next week and a half or so.

After finishing 2 waves of the pressing, I've just switched to doing bench sessions. I don't really plan these beforehand, but each session is typically the same. I work up to whatever the max is that day and do singles at that weight, then take the weight down and build up again with sets of triples. Occasionally if I feel like it, I go for rep records. Currently my benching is all still feet up on the bench due to my lumbar being unable to take the stress. I might bench two or three days in a row before taking a day or two day break, and typically don't plan the sessions. For back work, I just do a lot of pull ups. Pretty straightforwards and nothing fancy since I really can't do very much.

However, upon Bryan's suggestion, I have added in one sided db/kettlebell walks, in an effort to maintain some core strength. I never did these the past few times when I rehabbed this same injury, but it seems to make sense so I figured I'd give it a shot. Using around 10kg tends to hurt if I go too long, so I usually take some rests in between. Hope these will help speed up recovery.

That's all for now so I'll update again when I can finally get under the bar again. Hopefully in two weeks tops! Till then, keep training hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment