Friday, December 13, 2013

Press 13th December 2013

Press
worked up to 72.5 * 3 (can't remember the rest of the sets)
Basing my top sets upon my estimated max, which in this case, I took as 85% of my last 1RM. Lower back aches alittle pressing, but can be dealt with with some stretching.

Speed benching
90 * 3 * 6
Speeds (m/s): 2.48, 2.46, 1.87, 1.86, 1.87, 1.87
Benching with the feet down now, but still not as tight as I should be due to the lower back pain. Used a bar tracking app to measure the velocity of the benching, the speeds listed are all my peak velocities for each set. I realize I'm not conditioned to speed benching after not doing it for too long and too much cruise benching. So this is something I have to work on. Also, I didn't measure rest intervals, so I will have to do that starting from the next speed sesh.

Close grip foam press
110 * 3 * 3

Wide grip bench (paused)
90 * 6 * 3

Decent sesh, will get in my accessories tmr! Also, I started doing 150 to 200 pull ups on the off days, so this should give me about 800 reps a week. Will gradually increase this to 1000 a week, then start doing weighted. I think I will have to do these on the rings instead of the bar if not my shoulder's gonna give me problems haha


No comments:

Post a Comment