Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Heavy Bench 28th January 2014

Bench (paused)
Bar * 10, 10
60kg * 5
80 * 5
90 * 5
100 * 5 (strained my right pec here)

Close Grip (paused)
110kg * 3, 3, 3
105 * 3, 3, 3
Was experimenting with different grips today, and ended up straining my pec. Doesn't seem THAT bad, but it's purplish blackish bruised and swollen, plus tender to the touch. I don't think it's torn off, but just a bad strain. Switched to close grip after that to take some pressure off it, but felt really weak cos of the pain. Probably should have stopped but still managed to continue my training somehow.

Close grip (touch and go)
100kg * 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 3
Tried to go as fast as I could with these, working on pushing as fast as I could, but couldn't finish the reps well cause of the pec pain, so these ended up pretty slow.

BTN press
40kg * 10 * 3

Yates rows
80kg * 10 * 3
I supersetted the BTN pressing and rows, using a close grip. Surprisingly, the pec didn't hurt much during the BTN pressing. Rest time was about 1 min.

Called it a day there and came back. Ran the pec under some cold water and just spammed a shitload of fish oils plus some cal mag to hopefully help recover this fast. Probably have to adjust my pressing to close grips for the next few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment