Tuesday, April 10, 2012

After easter push day

April 10th

Press
Worked up to 160#, then did one cycle of 150, 155, 160, ending on 150.

Incline
Worked up to 220#, then did one cycle of 210, 215, 220, ending on 210.

Close grip bench
Worked up to 235#, then did one cycle of 225, 230, 235, ending on 225.

Chest circuit
Machine fly - banded machine chest press - incline machine chest press
70# - 165# - 160#
Did 15 reps for each exercise. Rest paused the presses. Did 2 rounds of the circuit with about 60secs rest in between.

Shoulder circuit
Lateral raises - front raises - db presses
used 22.5# dbs, 15 reps per exercise, 2 rounds.

Pull ups
did 5 sets of 8 with BW

After a long easter break, was aching to get back into the gym again. The holiday must have rested me well, because the weights were all pretty light today. What astonished me the most was the close grip flat bench, as I didn't expect it to feel so light, since usually after the press and incline i'm pretty gassed. On a side note though, my shoulders feel a little strained, so I decided to lighten up on the shoulder work and use the band for some aggressive stretching and mobility instead. Overall, a good session that got me smiling when I left the gym. Also, my dad messaged me to say he's getting back into lifting again! Totally made my night(:

No comments:

Post a Comment